Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School's In Session!

Yesterday was Bradley's first day of 2nd grade. He would ask me during summer how much longer until school started, and then complain about not wanting to go back because "School's stupid." Then I'd try to explain how redundant that statement is. He really does like school, but after having fun all summer he didn't want to go back. As it got closer and closer to the first day he got more and more excited, thank goodness. And especially after last weeks Meet n Greet where he saw all his friends, he was definitely ready to go back. He laid out his outfit the night before. The next morning he woke me up and was all dressed and ready to go! It was so cute. I used to love the first day of school when I was a kid so I knew how excited he was.
Here he is all ready to go. I can't believe how big my Bradley is!

He has been SO excited to show off his new Yankee backpack! But he is not happy (and neither am I) that the Yankee lunchbox I ordered (in mid July- don't get me started) is on back order, so he had to use his lunchbox from last year. But no lunchbox on back order was going to ruin his 1st day!

He's growing up too fast!

Landon LOVES Bradley so much. He's going to be missing his best buddy!

Here he is about to walk in with his class.

He survived the first day of 2nd grade! He really likes his teacher and his class. He already has a crush on a girl! But ssshhhhh! Don't tell him I told you so or I'm in major trouble!

Flashback to...
Bradley's first day of 1st grade!

And his first day of kindergarten!!! It's crazy how time flies! He seems so grown up to me.

5 comments:

Kris said...

I love the front door pictures of the past and present. Good tradition. He is really growing up. So cute!

(Happy Birthday, Frankie!!!)

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Cutie frickin' buttootie! These darn grandkids ARE growing up fast!

Loved the pics. Glad to hear that he had a good first day and that he likes his teacher.

What the hey about that lunchbox? You've been waiting forever for that thing!!!!

Lisa said...

How did your oldest and my youngest get to be in 2nd grade?? They are getting so big so fast! So nice that he was excited to go back.

Melody said...

ok I wish Sam had the clothes your son does! He dresses or shall I say you dress him so cute.. I hear the ladies calling already you poor mommy!

Anonymous said...

Ok... Trace has the same Yankee backpack! Seriously... we need to get these boys together... Im talking the big boys and the young boys! I look at your blog... and it could be my life! We have way too much in common!!!