Monday, September 1, 2008

New Park!!!

I was so excited when I got the flyer in the mail saying the 3rd phase of Centennial Hills Park was opening. Sometimes I wonder if I get more excited over parks than my kids. You have to admit they make some rad parks for kids now. So we had to go check it out. It is such a cool park! We showed up wanting to go in the water, but the sign said they were doing maintenance on it, so we explored the new playground. (It was working a couple of days before, but I guess they have to work out some kinks??) Landon just kissed the turtle, but I missed it by a second.
Here's the water park. It looks like fun! I hope they get it fixed so we can try it out before they shut it off until next summer.
There's a little trail that you can take and go up higher. Then the path leads to a gazebo where there's a 360 degree view of the whole park and then some. It's beautiful up there!

This is the view from the gazebo to the (a.k.a. the flower park) of Centennial Hills Park.


Here's the amphitheater. I can't wait to see what they'll have going on there.



Here's a view of the park from the gazebo. There's a walkway behind the equipment that branches off to each level of the park. I guess I forgot to get a picture of the park from the ground.


That's the water park again. I think I was enjoying the view too much and not really thinking of what I was taking pictures of.
Leah you're going to have to bring the kids. We'll hit up Cafe Rio and then head to the park! I'm trying to entice you, did it work?!?
So if you're a park lover like myself you'll have to check it out. We can't wait until the weather is nice so we can spend many hours there burning off all that little boy energy!

6 comments:

Kris said...

Wow, nice park. You guys are lucky.

Leah said...

Girl, you name the time and the date and I'm there!!!! That looks like a really fun park! Is that the same "flower park" I've been to before? Any way looks like a blast!!!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

I've driven by that park many times and it looks VERY cool. Thanks for the pics. Now I don't actually have to go! LOL

The Jarvis Family said...

What a cool park! I'm sad we missed you at the party..I know how crazy Saturdays can get:) Anyway..that park looks wayy fun I'm with Leah I'd tag along with you guys:)

Seth and Eryn said...

I'm the same as you--I think I get more excited about parks than kids do! That's so fun that you have that cool park close by your house. Just ANOTHER reason as to why I need to move!

John and Heather Davis said...

I love this new park- I think that it is my new fav!!!!