Monday, August 4, 2008

Smells Like Walmart

Everyone that knows me, knows that I LOVE Target. I'm there at least once a week, but usually more than that. My Target is always clean, orderly, and the employees are always nice and knowledgeable. On rare (and I mean RARE) occasion I need to go to Walmart. Yes Walmart. Ugh. Just the thought makes me cringe.
I've been looking for a metal closet bracket (you know, the circle thingys that you screw into the wall that holds the pole up across your closet ) everywhere. I went to Home Depot- no luck. I tried Target- nothing. I had to go to Costco and right across the street is Walmart so I decided I'd try and see if they had the brackets. As we're getting out of the car Bradley says, "Walmart? I hate Walmart. They have toxic toys made with lead from China." (You know the commercial.) I explained that we weren't getting toys and it would be a quick trip. Just looking at the people walking around in Walmart with their Nascar jackets on or the mom beating her kids is enough to make you get back in your car and leave. (Okay, I didn't actually see anyone with a Nascar jacket or a mom beating her child, but you know what I'm sayin'.) Where do these people come from?? Not my neighborhood! Walmart is a magnet for freaks! The second we get in there you get a wiff of what smelled like trash cans. And it stunk throughout the entire store. This store is still relatively new- it isn't even a year old yet!!! I still don't know what the stench was. Anyway, you would think it would be a quick trip, I just need one thing, but you have to remember the staff at Walmart. The have got to be the stupidest people on the planet. I had to ask 4 different people where I could find the bracket. One guy wouldn't even help me, he said it wasn't his department! After explaining what I was looking for the 2nd time the lady took me to the curtains- she obviously didn't hear the word closet- I don't know who has curtains in their closet, but it can't be that many! So after making bizarre suggestions I just said I'd ask someone else. The last guy was the best. He totally was annoyed that I asked him for help and didn't hide it. Then he took his sweet time showing me rods and acting like he was looking. I could tell I wasn't getting anywhere so I politely said Thanks and practically ran out of there! My last resort was Lowe's. The guy took me right to them and I thought I was going to kiss him, I was so happy to finally have found what I was looking for!!! (If you're wondering why I didn't go to Lowe's sooner, it's out of the way and not near any other place I had to go to.)
So moral of the story- don't ask employees at Walmart for help finding something because it's like talking to wall. Oh yeah, and Walmart SUCKS!!!

8 comments:

Jerolyn said...

Hey we went to our Wal*Mart yesterday too and it was stinky. I told the girls it smelled like someone broke a case of vinegar or something. hummmm wonder what that was? and yes I agree sometimes Wal*Mart is a necessary evil...but we hate it too!

Anonymous said...

trace tells me the same thing about walmart... they have lead in the toys at walmart! I know the feeling... and there carts suck and stick together and are always dirty, and there parking lots are dirty and there produce is old rotting.. i could go on and on... but sometimes there are things you can find at walmart that you cant at other stores... so as much as I say i hate walmart... it doesnt stop me from going there at least once a month! I know, but I am not the mom that beats her child in the store! And I have seen that there!

Kris said...

You know how I feel about Wallymart! Only go to the one on Boulder Highway, to do my pictures.

Kathy said...

I don't do WalMart either. They built a big one right behind my Target. Amber and Courtney have to go to WalMart because that's all they have in Springville, but Courtney says he only goes there for entertainment...to watch the weird people. Lots of flannel pajama pants and such. And, yes, it would be nice if they'd train their employees so they could at least answer a question.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

I have never liked WalMart. I remember, way back in the days when I was teaching kinder and I needed spray paint. I took Riley with me to the WalMart on Nellis (what can I say - we were new to Vegas) and after we FINALLY found someone to show me where the paint was, Riley grabbed my hand. I asked her what was wrong and she said "There are weird people here!" Out of the mouths of babes!!!!

GOOOOOOOO TARGET!!!!! I'll go without before I go to WalMart.

Seth and Eryn said...

You crack me up..but you speak ONLY the truth. I am a Target lover all the way!! :)

Tyler said...

In Arizona a few years ago, we were looking at some chairs at a walmart. We asked the girl who was working in the area a question. She smiled at us, and without saying a word walked away! They must all go to the same customer service class! I am always telling Christina there is no point in asking any questions to anybody in any department in that store! Lets just his the $4 DVD bin and get the heck out!

The Jarvis Family said...

I LOVE this story!! How cute is Bradley's comment!! So I Finally started the blogging world so now I can kit in touch better;)