Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Let's Go Yankee's

Last Friday we made a quick trip down to Anaheim for the Yankee/Angel game. We swapped Landon for my nephew Andrew and headed out in the late morning. We haven't taken the Altima on a trip yet, so instead of spending tons of money on gas for the Tahoe, we took the Altima and saved $$ big time on gas! It's the little things... Anyway we stopped by my Grandparents and had a good visit before heading off to meet my cousins for dinner before the game. Bradley with Grandma and Grandpa Darrington.

We're ready to go!

When we were all walking into the restaurant a fire truck was sitting out front and when Frankie, Andrew, and Bradley walked in front of it (I was behind them) the firefighter honked his (very loud) horn and showed us his Angels hat with a big grin on his face. They all jumped so bad! Then Frankie pointed to his NY tattoo. It was so funny!
Then to see us all sitting at one table half Yankee fans, half Angels fans was quite a site! Bradley made sure to make a crazy face in the pic.

My cousin Amanda and I at the game.

Andrew, Frankie, and Bradley looking so cute in their jerseys. I think there were more Yankee fans there, than Angel fans. Frankie started up the chant, "Let's go Yankee's!!!" And it got SO loud with our fellow fans joining in!!! Then an Angel fan tried the same thing and one other person chanted along with him! haha!


We had great seats. They were in right/center field and close to the wall.

That's my boyfriend (one of many on the team) Melky Cabrerra in center field. I was waving to him and I swear he was looking right at me. Ask Amanda she'll tell you! If you try to tell me otherwise, I just won't listen! haha!
From left to right- Juan (Amanda's boyfriend), my cousin Bryan, his wife Allyson, and Amanda.


The Yanks lost, but we still had so much fun! The weather was great and the company was FABULOUS! After the game we stood in the parking lot and chatted it up until all the cars were gone. What a fun group to go to the game with! We decided this would be a new tradition. Not the Angels winning part, just going to the game together!

No, your eyes aren't deceiving you. Bradley is wearing an Angels hat and holding an Angel bat. Poor kid looks confused with the Yankee's shirt on with that stuff. The red just doesn't look right on him. Since I am from Anaheim the Angels are my 2nd favorite team and I let him get that stuff more as souvenirs, than something he'll actually wear.

After staying the night at my Grandparents we headed out the next morning to come home. The boys were still exhausted.
We couldn't wait to see Landon! We missed him so much. He was so glad to see Bradley.

****Yankee haters need not comment!****

11 comments:

Jerolyn said...

oh man I'm coming back just to read the comments on this one! haha

Kris said...

I am so glad I checked your blog. Great pictures. Love seeing you all in your different team colors. Tyler will love seeing Bradley in the Angel hat. Looked like a beautiful night!

Seth and Eryn said...

I won't comment on the team..but we actually went to Anaheim for a Sox game last month and I wanted to slap the shit out of pretty much every Angel fan..where they annoying for you guys too?! I love going to the games every summer..as annoying as Angel fans are, it's a nice stadium and nice weather.

Leah said...

What a fun little trip! You guys all look great in your gear!

Jennie Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie Z said...

You guys look like great fans! Glad you had such a good time.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Looks like you had a great trip (even though it was a quick one). Yankees/Angels/Yankees/Angels/Yankees/Angels...I REALLY DON'T CARE! LOLOLOL but you already knew that! Actually, I'm for whoever is winning - how does that sound? :-)

John and Heather Davis said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Lovin Bradley new do!!!

Melody said...

god I love your boys! They are so gorgeous like their mama! Yes I am pretty new here I dont get how to put your friends links up yet... but I guess I'll catch onto that one also! Glad to see you all doing so well..... and how did Amanda make out at the shower, It seemed like alot of people and that of course equals tons of gifts! Chat with you later!

Anonymous said...

those are the cutest pics! Looks like you guys had just as much fun as we did! I wish we went to a night game it was really hot at the sat game! It is just too bad they lost all 3 games! I tell you they seriously need to kick it into high gear if they want to make the playoffs... Tony is so upset with them this year! Oh well! Oh I almost forgot to tell you... when the angeles fans were talking trash to Tony all he would say was "23" or "26" I forget what the number is... but that I guess is the amount of times the Yankees have won the world series. It was kinda funny!!

Tyler said...

Kourt-After spending all morning looking at this post, I am still trying to figure out why you guys were dressed in blue and white toilet paper? I don't get it! Finally Bradley had on some real clothes on the way home, but he was holding some piece of trash in his hands. I don't get it. Anyway, yes, Angel fans are annoying because most of them show up in the 2nd inning and leave in the 7th, but they do support a winner. I am all for the tradition starting up. Funny, I think I have been trying to get that tradition together for years now! Anyway......there is always next year! BTW-have fun not making the playoffs, and tell your boyfriend Melkey to remember how to hit!