Sunday, August 24, 2008

CREEPY!!!

Yesterday while Landon was napping I took advantage of it and polished my toes. While I was doing so, Bradley ran into my bathroom and said,"Mom you've got to get downstairs and kill this spider in the bathroom!" He went on and on about how big it was and I told him to chill out. We've never really had a bug problem. The occasional earwig or a dead cockroach (totally gross). That's pretty much it. I majorly hate bugs, but I really thought he was being dramatic and it was probably a daddy long leg or something. So I take my time. I finish polishing my toes, let them dry and go down to check it out. This is what I walked in to see. Holy freakin' mother!!! I wish I could've seen my own face! I told Brad to get dad FAST! There was no way I was getting close to that bad boy! Frankie wouldn't come. He thought we were exaggerating. Finally, I convinced him to come check it out. He was like,"What in the.....?!" We didn't want to squish it- imagine all the funk that would squish out of it!
So we grabbed a plastic cup and Frankie scooped it and flushed it. Then I thought, is it going to climb back out of the toilet, like some super spider?? So I flushed some more. Thinking back I should've caught it in the cup and killed it with some rubbing alcohol so I can show the bug guy when he comes. I guess I'll just show him the picture. You know I was on the phone with them ASAP.
So seriously click on that close up and tell me you're not creeped out! I'm driving myself crazy because every tickle, every little black toy on the ground, is creeping me out! I think everything is a spider now.
My brother Tyler was over tonight and said it might be a brown recluse which is not a good thing. So now I'm even more freaked out! I have to convince Bradley (who's still creeped out) that every thing's fine, don't worry about it, while I'm still worried about it!
Hopefully that's the first and last spider we'll find in our house!!!

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay...I am cringing just looking at the picture. Spiders are so disgusting. Let us know what the bug man said it was.
Oh...and I am so with you on the spider climbing back out. I worry about that all the time too:)

Jerolyn said...

HOLY MOTHER of all spiders. ewwww. I am freaking out. What if it DOES crawl back up and heads over to my place? Now I'm looking around my house, and I don't want to put my feet on the floor~haha. That is a horrid spider you had there.

Kathy said...

OHHHH, I hate spiders. That is just nasty. When we lived in Texas we had one on our backyard fence that was so big we could see it and count all of it's legs from the house. So gross.

John and Heather Davis said...

Yeah it totally looks like a Recluse! Which if it is, it's a really good thing you didnt squish it, because they carry their babies with them and they would have been every where!
Now I'm all ichy with creepy crawlies!! Thanks!!!!j/k

barlows said...

okay. Yeah. That's gross. Maybe our scorpians and your spiders have conspired to drive us crazy at the same time. And the baby spider comment is not helpful! Ew. PS. Totally good to see you the other night, BTW.

Matt & Mandy Evans said...

Im glad Im not the only one tottally freaked out by bugs. Because if I would have seen that in my house I would have ran and not went back in until I knew it was gone! Im glad i got to say hi to you at the cafe rio the other day.. that place is just a tad addicting.

Sara said...

3 pairs of panties huh? Kidding. So not to freak you out but that exact same spider jumped off the back of the toilet the other day when I flushed. It was hiding on the seat cover! Ya, I about died! My bug man said its a sun spider and not to worry.
It was so good to see you saturday night. Those boys of yours are even cuter in person!

Stac said...

I came out if the shower this morning and Nate had the close up blown up big on our computer. He just left it on the screen and then walked out. I freaked out when I saw it. I would die if I had that in my house. I would have to leave the house if Nate was not home to kill it. I don't know why I am so scared of those dang things!

Beth said...

Well, I wonder if it's not a Wolf Spider. We've had those before and our bug man says they are entirely harmless. But, freakishly big and disarming. GROSS! Nate had a run in with one in the garage, once. Pretty scary stuff.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Man, that looks like GOOD eatin'!!! :-) Filet of big ol' spider! LOL

Leah said...

That ain't no itsy bitsy spider, is it!!!

Jerolyn said...

p.s.
please post something new soon so that photo doesn't pop up everytime I check your blog! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That is so funny! you had me rolling! Ok, i do that when Tony smushes a bug and then flushes it ... I have to flush a few more times... I dont want some super spider crawling up you know where when I am the only one in the house that has to sit to pee! Hillarious! Now you have me itchy! Thanks!

Lisa said...

I hate spiders! We get lots of daddy long legs in our house and those don't bother me at all but we have HUGE ones outside (everyone around here has them). They make these big elaborate webs that are pretty cool until you walk through one. Ugghh. One morning I was opening my car door and reached under the door handle. I felt something kind of grip my finger. It was one of the huge spiders! It gives me the heeby jeebies every time I think about it. For the longest time I looked under my door handle before I'd open the door!