Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Big Ol' Family Campout

I know it's taken me awhile to finally blog about the Big Ol' Family Campout at Mt. Charleston and you've all been on the edge of your seats so here it is. Try to contain yourselves.
We arrived around 3 o'clock on Friday. Dustin and Leah were already there with their tent up, a bunch of firewood unloaded (from what looked like a handicap thing on the back of their suburban. Got a lot of jokes out of that one!), and THEN Dustin helped Frankie set up our tent that they brought up for us. Frankie is trying to take credit for setting it up, but I know my mountain man brother deserves the most thanks. Then I got everything set up in our tent.
It got really chilly and windy that night. We ended up going home that night because of the weather. I know everybody wants to say we are wimps for not sticking it out, but sorry, Landon had a cold and I was not going to make him be uncomfortable when we live so close. So any haters can kiss my you-know-what! Haha!
We came back before noon on Saturday and hung out all day. There were so many kids there that I couldn't keep track. I got a little worried when I couldn't find Bradley and Austin was looking for him too. But then David along with Bradley and a bunch of other kids came down from a hike. Bradley said David gave him a piggyback ride when he kept slipping. Bradley thought that was so cool. David is the bomb! Tyler Barlow can get loose with a Dutch Oven. Good eats, good eats. I'm not used to all that heavy eating when I'm camping so I took numerous walks. Frankie's really good with a Dutch Oven also. Too bad his Dutch Oven is a whole different thing, if you know what I mean! I'm sure all you wives out there feel my pain!
We went home again that evening because although there was no wind, it was actually colder that night! Our car said 30 degrees when we left. I know we missed out on the campfire talk, but poor Landon was looking like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber (when they get off the scooter in the snow) with his boogers frozen to his face!
Now for the pictures....... Paige, Bradley, and Caylee in the hammock.

Landon and I escaping the wind in our tent (that we actually never slept in. Sorry Dustin!!!)

Grandpa hung out with us in the tent too. Can you see the glistening boogers on Landon's face?? Poor kid, but what a cute boogery face he's got!


Me looking thuggish on our way up on Saturday. Just call me Tupac. Frankie and I were reppin' the cryps, Dustin and Leah were reppin' the bloods, and Mom and Riley were orange- not very gangsta, but it's okay. Mi Vida Loca!!!

I'm a happy gangsta!!!

My dad took Landon up a hill to check out what was on the other side. I love this picture. I joined them and we had to find an alternate route for the way down so we didn't fall face first. A little steep.

Bradley and Austin really hit it off and played the whole time we were there. Erin, I'm thinking some playdates need to be scheduled!

Here's everybody sitting around and chatting.

"Hey, it's me Bret Michaels, and this is Rock of Love on VH1." We were vibing Bret Michaels. Every rose has it's thorn! We are so butt-rock!!! If you know who he is, you'll get it, if not check out VH1.com and laugh later.

Mom and I representing our colors. I love this woman!!! I don't look so much like Bret Michaels here, but I do look like I'm about to mow your lawn!

Sisters!!! Aren't we so precious?? What would I do without her? tear....

Bradley getting down with a s'more. Yummy!

They had a lot of fun with those light sabers. If you look carefully you can see Austin hiding behind Bradley.

Everybody hanging out around the camp fire. Notice Stacey on the left. Was Nate braiding your hair, or what?

Whatever he was doing, Beth thought it was funny!

Scotty and Dustin aka the mountain man. I could just bite Scott, he's so cute!!!
I always feel like I'm taking a lot of pictures and then I get home and realize I didn't take very many. I wish I would've gotten more pictures of everybody.
We had a great time!!! I have to thank Dustin and Leah once again. Thanks for bringing up the tent for us, setting it up, and then taking it down! The funny thing is we never actually slept in it! Thanks for looking out for us! Tyler B. (or Emeril, as Frankie called you) thanks for taking on the huge role of cooking everything. Bam! You are brave! Next time we'll all have to share the cooking, so you're not so overloaded! We're a dang big crew. And thanks to everyone for the good conversation and laughs!
I'm sure I'm leaving things out, but I'm so tired that this is as good as it gets.















9 comments:

Tyler said...

Great post with great pic's Kourt!! I am totally slacking and haven't even started mine yet! I'll have to get it done tonight. Don't feel bad about going down the mountain! IT WAS FREAKING COLD!!!

Stac said...

We are like monkeys. Thats what we do. We pick at each others head and butts. Just kidding. Nate found a gray hair so he was pulling it out. Then he kept finding them and kept pulling them out. I was in such a bad mood that I didn't care enough to stop him. We went home too and it was much better!!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Love the pics Kourt! What a fun weekend (and yeah, we may be wimps, but we were WARM wimps! lol). I printed all my pics and have them in my photo album but still don't know how to put any on my blog.

Good times!

Erin said...

Way cute pics, I'm at least glad you guys came Friday & returned Saturday...Austin would have been a lost soul on Saturday if Bradley hadn't been there. We do need to get them together...maybe for a sleepover to make the drive worth it! We've actually heard a LOT about Bradley this week at our house.

Jerolyn said...

I don't blame you AT ALL that you went down the mountain. In fact I was totally JEALOUS, and so were both of my frozen butt cheeks. A camper I am not, and I will not be taking one for the team EVER again!!!

Leah and Dustin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

Loved the pictures. That's my favorite part of blogs. Riley and I were rep'in Halloween with our orange colors.

Leah and Dustin said...

You get an E for effort in my book! Maybe camping's not for everyone but I'm glad you gave it a shot. We were happy you guys made it up. I'd say next time it will be warmer but, It won't.HA HA It's always cold up there...Sorry!

Jerolyn said...

rep'in Halloween~that's funny