Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What did I just say??

Landon is cutting some teeth so he pretty much puts everything in his mouth (I'm sure you all remember the picture of him going after Kiersten's feet.) Well out of all the things he likes to bite on, fingers are his favorite. Not his own of course, I didn't raise no fool. Anyone who's holding him is at risk of falling victim to the baby barracuda jaws chomping down. My fingers have all sorts of bruises and red marks to prove it. My dad told me the other day, "Just don't let him put your fingers in your mouth." He makes it sound so simple. When you are a multitasking stay-at-home mom, while holding the baby sometimes you don't realize your fingers have ended up in the baby barracuda's mouth. And before you know it, you get chomped on! I'm pretty used to it, but sometimes he gets me so good that it makes me yelp. Well today that happened. He bit me at the bottom of my nail bed on my thumb and I yelled out, "FUDGE KNUCKLE!!!" (I"m sure it was followed by a, "Son of a ...") Then I stopped and thought, what did I just say?? In all that pain the first thing I thought to say was fudge knuckle?? After my thumb stopped throbbing I had to laugh.
A couple little side notes:
Julie- So glad you can comment now!!! You seriously need to blog so you can post pics of that beautiful baby! Come to the dark side!
Erin- I tried to put up a cute background and almost had it. But when I previewed it, my links and stuff were gone. You'll have to tell me how to do that.

7 comments:

Tyler said...

I have experienced Landon's canabilistic ways first hand. Kiersten and I walked over to Kourt's yesterday, and he bit on my fingers. At first it was funny, then he got down to business, and I thought I was going to lose my finger!!! Freaking Italians!!! I should probably say "fudge knuckle" instead of the stuff I say. I'd probably get some laughes at work. By the way, I'll try to get your blog updated after I go to the gym next week, since you'll be watching my baby!!!!:)

Jerolyn said...

Fudge Knuckle~thats's painfully funny!

Erin said...

Oh, it could be so much worse than Fudge Knuckle, and you handled that situation way better than I would have. When I changed my blog template I did have to re-enter all my links since they wouldn't carry over automatically. You just need to write down everything you've got on there before you change. It didn't take long at all to put them all back up. AND, don't worry about your archives--they all stay on there. It's just any pictures/links/lists, etc. that you have added to your sidebar that don't transfer.

Beth said...

Fudge-knuckle. Funny!

Julie M. said...

Fudge-knuckle! I aint comin' to the dark side!!

Christina said...

I think it is funy that he tried to eat her feet! Tyler still laughs about that. I enjoy your bolg and your funny comments. Keep em coming!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

You could have said so many worse things, so fudge knuckle seems pretty mild - where it came from is another thing. The mind is a strange thing! lol

It sounds like all the campers survived the sub-freezing temperatures. :-) It was fun being up there but I know I enjoyed my warm bed and indoor plumbing. :-)