Monday, September 3, 2007

Post full of Pics

On Saturday morning Leah called me up and said I better get up to Mt. Charleston where they were camping. So I packed up the boys (minus Frankie. He had to work and was bummed he couldn't go) and headed up. It 's only about a 40 minute drive from my house. We had lots of fun chatting while all the kids played.

This is one of Landon's teething faces. Although I couldn't hear it, I bet he was grinding his teeth. Yikes!

Tyler, this one's for you. Scott willingly took this Yankee hat and proudly wore it around. What now??
We had to retreat to Dustin and Leah's tent while we waited for a thunder and lightning storm to pass. It wasn't so bad, except for one flash and crack that was a little too close (I thought). I turned to Leah and said, "Do you think we should get in our cars?" And she responded, "If we get struck by lightning it was meant to be." Haha. Not the way I want to go.
Bradley and Paige just chillin' while we waited for the storm to pass.

Bradley on the rope swing that he enjoyed so much.

Bradley in motion.

Paige proudly showing off her stick with her name on it. It was her 5th birthday that day. I still can't believe she's that old.

Aunt Leah holding my little chunk.

Scotty looking so cute with his big eyes.

I love it when he has his hoodie on.

This was the highlight for me. I always said Dustin was a monkey. He just climbed right up there like an island boy getting a coconut. You really can't tell how high up he was in this picture, but it was high.

This one gives you a better idea of how high he was. I would've gotten a better shot but I had to hurry and take the picture because the tree was starting to bend and he wanted to get down. He's crazy!

Uncle Dustin was cracking Landon up.
I headed home that night and Bradley got to stay and sleep in the girls' tent with them. He loved it! Thanks Dustin and Leah for having him. It was a very fun trip. It's so nice to escape the heat and go relax up there. Madison and Karley were there too, but I guess I never got a picture of them. Darn it.
We celebrated Paige's 5th birthday on Sunday and of course I took more pictures.
Landon getting loose with his teething ring while Paige opened her gifts.

Just irresistible.

Paige modeling the new outfit we bought her. What a babe!
I hope you all enjoyed the pictures.

6 comments:

Jerolyn said...

Freakin' CUTE! Dustin is hilarious!

Tyler said...

Scott isn't as smart as I thought he was, and I do like him a little less today after seeing that picture. He was probably just scared Bradley or Landon would "disappear" him like on the Sopranos....:) Great pics!!!

Erin said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun. I wanna go camping up there! Maybe a cousins camping trip next year??? Would be fun. Way cute pictures, and Dustin cracks me up too. I do remember you calling him a monkey before, so those pics really are funny! Looks fun! And by the way, you guys are brave for sticking out the storm...

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

Love the pics, Kourt. So glad you escaped and enjoyed the fresh air. Wish I could have but since I'm Riley's ride to and from work... Tyler, don't worry about it, Scott's West Coast all the way. You better get him some Angel gear, since Monkey Boy Dad is too busy climbing trees!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Great pics Kourt! I thought we told you we had Dustin's tail removed when he was just a baby (the secret's out now!!!) - instead of Curious George it's Curious Dustin! It sounds like we'll all be camping up on Mt. Charleston at the end of the month. I hope the weather holds out - not sure I want to "sit out" a thunderstorm up there! lol I'm a wimp in my old age!