Monday, June 25, 2007

Blissfully Unaware

I often miss being a child. I miss the innocence that I once had. I think that's why I enjoy my boys so much. Just knowing that they are blissfully unaware of the craziness that is LIFE. The way their minds wander, the questions they ask. Like this morning right when Bradley woke up he said he wants a BMX bike ('cause the one he has isn't good enough?). He would not stop asking about it. He said "They don't have bikes at Target" and I told him they did, but not that many. I said maybe they have some at (gulp) WalMart. (Anyone that knows me, knows that I HATE WalMart!!!) So he said,"Then we could go to Kids Like Us." I chuckled and said,"You mean Toys R Us?" At least he got one of the words right.

He also keeps asking me if I was born in the 60's. I don't know why. But I'm not going to get offended since he doesn't realize he's implying that I'm WAY older than I am.

Right now he sees me online and just asked me,"What's that, Bike.com?" He's really obsessed with this bike thing. Tomorrow it's going to be something else. Before the bike it was a Spiderman 3 toy.

This is for Sarah and Erin. I was watching the super cute video Erin made for Sarah's birthday. Bradley was standing behind me and said,"Wow those are some BIG glasses!" I said,"Yes they are son, yes they are." I loved the flashback to all the fashions in the late 80's early 90's that the video brought flooding back. And apparently he did too!

My point is that it's great to be a kid. I love the random (and honest) comments that come from out of nowhere. Bradley's biggest concern in life is that he won't be able to be good for 6 more months so he can get the BMX bike that he wants soooo badly for Christmas. Or when his next play date is. Or when I'm going to let him get a Happy Meal again because he wants the toy (that I will secretly throw away at just the right moment after the thrill is gone). Side note: Bradley just said, "I'm probably on Santa's Good List right now" And he's just curious "If I had decided to order the bike..." My decision is: Santa's going to think about it.

And then there's Landon. I would LOVE to know what he's thinking. Right now I'm holding him, so I have the pleasure of typing with one hand, so he's probably thinking, "If I could just touch that thingy that mom is poking, I would be so happy! I would taste it and slobber all over it! But I'll settle for slobbering all over her hand instead. I think I'll poop now."


4 comments:

Tyler said...

Ya know, I sometimes think what you attributed to Landon in that last paragraph!!! Great post! I wonder what Kiersten is thinking, too, although I am pretty sure it consists of "OK, is it time to pee on the changing table again?" Your boys are so cute! Bradley is a riot!! Love it!!

Erin said...

Yeah, I'm totally going to tell Austin that's what I'm doing the next time he says, "You're on the computer AGAIN?!" I'll just tell him I'm looking at bike.com or starwars.com or lightsaber.com or xbox.com or whatever the topic of the day is for him, and let him know I'm shopping for his birthday presents. Bradley is too funny! I love it!

Stac said...

Kourtney, It has been forever since you blogged! we miss you! blog soon!!

barlows said...

Did you die or something? I'm clear across the ocean lookin' for a bone! Throw it, girl!