Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Missing Frankie

Frankie is in Napa again and I'm all alone. Well, the kids are here of course. This is Frankie's 3rd year going on the trip. At his work the top three wine sellers get to go on an all expense paid trip to Napa. The past two years he was 1st place, and this year he came in 2nd. He looks so forward to this, and by now has it in his head that he is going from early on in the year. They get to stay in a very exclusive place, I think on a vineyard, in a cottage. You can't even make reservations, you have to be invited. They are treated with lots of wine tasting, tours of different vineyards, and gourmet meals. I love that he gets to experience this. But I hate that I have to be alone at night! There's something about sleeping in bed alone that just doesn't feel right. Maybe I'll have Brad sleep in my bed.
Frankie left really early this morning and last night Bradley made him the cutest card and told me to sneak it into his suitcase (which was really hard because Frankie wouldn't leave the room for one second! I tried everything!). I did eventually get it in there though. And then Frankie wanted me to sneak a note into Brad's lunchbox. It was so funny! They both had the same idea! Then I found a note in my diaper bag from Frankie. I guess we're just cheesy like that!
I can't wait until he's home.

11 comments:

Kris said...

That is so sweet about the note thing.

Anonymous said...

that is so not cheesy it is so sweet!!! I make my boys sleep with me when Tony is going to be home real late... there is just something really uncomfortable about sleeping in a bed all alone!

Erin said...

That's sweet. I love it that father & son think just alike! And I think it's sweet that you hat it so much when Frankie's gone. I'm usually lovin' the bed to myself & keeping my own agenda if Kevin isn't home. Of course if you let Brad have a sleepover with you he'd probably love that!

Jennie Z said...

I am with you on the sleeping alone thing. Even though Alan has done his fair share of traveling, I still hate it everytime he is gone!
That is so cute that they were leaving each other little notes. Sweet guys!

Jerolyn said...

the note thing is too sweet!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

I'm with you Erin - a bed...alone...my idea of HEAVEN?! LOLOLOL

Loved that they both thought of the notes and that Frankie left one for you too. He's just a big ol' teddy bear! :-)

Beth said...

Sweet!

Melody said...

oh like father like son! I am the same way about Sam being gone! I hate it I make the kids sleep with me, my train of thought on that is if some comes to kill one they have to take us all!LOL:)

Seth and Eryn said...

That is so cute about the notes! Why doesn't this trip get to include the wife? That's what I'm wondering!! :] I know how you feel. I hate when Seth is gone, it's just not right sleeping alone.

Leah said...

Whoot! Whoot! Let's hear it for Frankie!! Sell that wine!!
He deserves the praise. I'm sure he busts it at work!!

Lisa said...

Totally get the hubby being gone thing. Even if Kurt's going to be gone really late, I can go to sleep because I know at some point he'll be home and if I wake up in the middle of the night he'll be there. When he travels (which isn't as often any more) I can't bring myself to turn the tv, computer, lights off. Then I'm wiped out and grumpy. Love the notes! That is the sweetest thing ever!