Monday, February 25, 2008

Our Trip to the Happiest Place on Earth!

We took our trip to Disneyland the week of President's Day. It was to celebrate Landon's 1st birthday (we were actually in the park for it) and Bradley's soon-to-be 7th birthday. Their birthday's are only 2 1/2 weeks apart so we can do that, I guess. Of course they are still going to have a party though. Our first night there we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's. While the boys played with all the toys I used to play with as a child, and Grandpa and Frankie were in and out of naps, Grandma and I chatted. I love visiting with them and the boys LOVE the toys at Grandma and Grandpa Great's!I always get a picture of the boys with them and it 's fun to look back at how much they have changed.

This is Landon and Bradley lovin' Casey Jr. We were in the Monkey cage OF COURSE!!! Yes, they wore matching shirts. I was so excited because I can never find them matching stuff. Aren't they cute??


Landon hitched a ride on daddy's shoulder's a lot of the time when we were in line. He made A LOT of friends that way!!! He's quite the social butterfly! Frankie also wore a shirt that sorta matched the boys along with myself. I know it's dorky (and Dustin's totally going to make fun of me,) but it was fun for one of the days at D-land.

My boys on Storybook. I love how Landon's got his hand on Brad's head. He's always doing that.

I LOVE this picture of Bradley!!! He's just so handsome. I can't believe he's going to be 7!!! (And I'm 26 now! It just seems too weird!) Where did all the years go??


Bradley loves the Go Coaster in Toon Town. So you know we had to hit that up!

Landon took a little nap while we did that. What a sweet face.


Of course we had to get him Mickey ears with his name on the back even though he doesn't like to wear it for longer than 5 seconds. Can you tell he wants to yank it off?? He looks so cute for those 5 seconds though.

Bradley modeling his Pluto hat.

On our second day we started out at California Adventure. These are probably the slowest bumper cars on the face of the earth, but we always go on them when we're there. I guess it's 'cause they're cute.

This was too funny. While Bradley and I hit up Mulholland Dr. roller coaster, and the Jellyfish Jump Frankie strolled Landon around. When we met back up this is what we found. Landon fell asleep with his head on the tray and Frankie kept trying to lay him back, but his kung fu grip was too strong!


Just a close up of the sleepy baby. We eventually got him to release, and lay back! It still makes me laugh.

F is for Frankie! Yep, that's my man!


I told him to get "friendly" with the F. And I must say he "worked it" as Tyra would say. If you enlarge it look at the girl with her hand down her man's (?) pants. Yikes! No thanks!


Since there's no B, Bradley got comfortable in the O.


L is for Landon!


This is my favorite! We used to take pics in front of W. Rabbit's door (next to the Mad Hatter and the Tea Cups) when we were little. I've always taken Bradley's picture there. So this was Landon's first pic (and not his last) next to it.
We had so much fun at Disneyland! We went on everything and didn't have to wait in long lines (10-20 minutes). A lot of them we just walked right on to. The new Nemo ride was the longest line (45 min.) but it went by really fast, and the ride was really cool. I will always love it there. It reminds me of my childhood. We were lucky enough to grow up in Anaheim and go to Disneyland ALL THE TIME. I will never get sick of it!

16 comments:

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Such cute pics!!!! It looks like you had a great time (and how could you not at the Happiest Place on Earth!)! Landon asleep with the kung fu grip - so funny! Cutie - buttooties!!! Love y'all!!!

(P.S. Are you sure that's a guy in the pic with the girl with her hand down the pants? That's "pretty" hair! lol)

Kris said...

The boys sure are minie Frankies!! Loved the matching shirts, (of course I would). You got some really good pictures. Love watching them grow!

Anonymous said...

Love the shirts!!! Funny how we both bought those for our two boys! Great Minds think alike! Disneyland... Cant wait for our trip this summer. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Love the shirts!!! Funny how we both bought those for our two boys! Great Minds think alike! Disneyland... Cant wait for our trip this summer. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Michelle said...

What a fun trip. Just one question...where is a family picture with the matching shirts?? The picture of Landon in the stroller is the best...he's too cute:)

Kathy said...

Those are the cutest pictures! I'm dying to take Shane and Gwen to Disneyland. They're finally old enough that I think they would love it. I'm with you-you can never get tired of going to Disneyland.

Leah and Dustin said...

LOVED it! Yeah I'm not sure that Dustin would be down with the whole matching shirts thing, we've done that once and I'm sure he wasn't crazy about the idea but you all look adorable! FUN, FUN!!

Julie M. said...

Listen. I'm still trying to live down making Mark wear a home-made painted sweatshirt (matching the entire family) for Christmas card pictures in about 1989. Remember those sweatshirts, Darringtons? We LOVED those!! At least your family wore cool, striped shirts. I used to dress my boys alike all the time and loved it. I love your D-land pictures. Since I live right here, you'd think I'd take my poor, deprived 10-yr-old. I think last year I told her I'd take her this year. I do love D-land. Just don't get there often. Your boys are adorable---all three of them!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Hey, those sweatshirts were HAPPENIN'!!! And we spent a lot of time hand-painting them! lol Oh my, those certainly were the days!!!

Kris said...

I still pull out a couple of those Christmas sweatshirts to wear to school just before Christmas break. Everyone loves them. Pretty funny, because they are so old.

Kourtney said...

The sweatshirts sure take me back! I totally remember making them at Grandma and Grandpa's. I even had my own set of puffy paints to make my own shirts! haha! Oh, the 90's...

Tyler said...

GREAT pictures Kourt!!! I REALLY wanna take Kiersten, but I don't think she's big enough yet to enjoy it. Kiersten and Landon could get quite a social network going! Kiersten was the social butterfly at Stitches. She's definitely comfortable around strangers!

Frankie, grow a pair and tell your wife you aren't going to wear matching shirts!!! Who am I kidding.....if Christina told me to wear a matching shirt, I'd have to, too. At least they weren't YANKEES shirts!!!

Oh, the painted sweatshirts! I remember that Christmas. I remember those pictures. Don't worry Mark, we don't hold it against you. Heck, there are TONS of blackmail pictures/videos of me! I think I even remember one from the pool at your condo where I am picking a wedgie out of my butt! Yeah, that sort of makes those sweatshirts seem OK, doesn't it?

Tyler said...

BTW-LOVE the Kung Fu grip, too! Your boys are adorable!!

"Thinking of my action men, KUNG FU GRIP AND ALL, what happened to it all...."

Grandma & Grandpa D. said...

Cute pictures. Those boys are adorable. I'm sure glad we got to see you before grandpa got the flu. (I wouldn't wish that on anybody.) I thought it was neat to have all your boys in matching shirts. D-land is a great place.
Boy, do the Christmas sweatshirts bring back some great memories. We had lots of laughs/fun making them. Almost as much fun as getting together to make popcorn balls. Those were fun times. :-) Great memories. :-)

Beth said...

Kourtney, youre kids are cute and Frankie is cool, but you are BEAUTIFUL!

John and Heather Davis said...

Love the pics!! Esspecially the one with Landon crashed in his stroller.