Sunday, November 23, 2008

Random

-Bradley's school had a 2 mile run last Saturday (since the Niketown 5k was cancelled) and it was SO much fun! My mom and Dustin came to run and my dad (who's suffering from MAJOR kidney stone issues) and Tyler (who just got his gallbladder removed) stayed with Scotty and Landon to cheer us on. I'm so glad everybody was there!!! Thanks guys! Oh, and I love this. The Thursday before the run the coach had a practice run for anyone who wanted to. So Brad and I went and while I was jogging this 5th grader started jogging next to me, we said Hi to each other. Then he says,"So...are you from the middle school?" HAHAHA! So I told him no and pointed out Brad. How freakin' funny is that??? He made my day!
-That night I went to a show at the House of Blues with Dustin, Leah, my mom, and Riley to see Face to Face!!! Gotta love some punk rock! We had such a good time. I had to pick up the boys from my sister-in-laws house who lives in Seven Hills, and while at a stop light I noticed a motorcycle cop behind me. Sure enough, when the light turned green his lights went on. Seriously, where did this you-know-what come from?? Anyway, he said I was doing 42 MPH in a 25 MPH. I thought it was 35, but he said AFTER the signal it's 35. Freakin' speed traps! Of course the prick couldn't let me off with a warning.
-Bradley just started basketball last week. We had to get him some basketball shoes and he chose some Shaq shoes. (Do ALL basketball shoes have to be so ugly??) He loves them and after he put them on he said "I bet any kid who has Shaq shoes has the spirit of Shaq with them to play good." Funny guy. Sounds like the movie Like Mike to me.
-Landon learned the 'B' word. You know, the one that rhymes with itch. He learned it from my niece on Frankie's side who's 3 and pretty much allowed to say it. When she says it, she gets laughs. So Landon (always looking to make people laugh) started saying it. I've tried everything from time out, to "NO NO", to ignoring it and he still continues to say it. While I'm shopping he will scream it and I die a little inside. Most people laugh and say they've been through it, but it doesn't help my pure embarrassment. Just today he was chasing me and said, "I get you...b!&ch!" It is funny, but I don't let him know that I think so. Ugh, kids DO say the darndest things.
-Almost 3 weeks ago I started going back to the gym and eating good and IT FEELS GREAT!!! I've already lost 12 pounds (you can tell me it's water weight, but I don't care either way- I'm still 12 pounds lighter). Can I get a What What?!?
-I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving! We don't get to go to California this year (whaa, whaa, whaaaaa!) and I'm bummed we're going to miss seeing everyone. We have to be fair and celebrate with the Farina's this year. Next year....
-I've already started Christmas shopping and boy does it feel good. I never intend to be a last minute shopper, but that's usually how it ends up.
-I just ordered the boys' sweaters for our Christmas card picture, now it's just getting that perfect shot....wish me luck!

9 comments:

Melody said...

It was so nice meeting the boys in person! They are handsome and I love that little Landon.. tell him he can beat me up anytime!

Danielle said...

You crack me up! i know what you mean about the nice words our little ones say! Aidan said the same word the other day after he heard it on the radio, I had no clue it said it on that song till he said it! Congrats on the weight loss! I know how hard it is so any weight I am jumping for joy, water or not!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! that is hilarious! and I can only say that because I have been thru that with trace!! Oh, and also when Talan says thanks it sounds like he is saying "tits"! yeah awful in public!! but still very funny later! Good job on loosing 12lbs... oh and I love Face to Face! last time I saw them was at the huntridge way back in the day!

Michelle said...

What what!!! Congrats on the 12 pounds. It always feels great to lose any weight and 12 pounds is amazing:) You gotta love splitting the time between families. Luckily both our families stay in Vegas for holidays so we get to eat two Thanksgiving dinners...for the 11th year in a row!

Kris said...

What What!!! Good for you! I'm sure you probably had a pony in your hair and you would look like a middle schooler, lol. That Landon, and Bradley and the "spirt of Shaq", funny guys.

We'll miss you for Thanksgiving, but Christmas Eve, What What!!!

Lisa said...

Nice!! 12 pounds, that's pretty good for a middle schooler! ha ha! Seriously, I'm proud of you! Wish you were going to be here for Thanksgiving. We need to get on the same schedule because next year we'll be at the Lesters. Hmmm, gotta work something out!

Kathy said...

So, I guess Guinevere yellng "Shut up!" at the dog isn't so bad after all.

Tyler said...

I love that 5th graders are hitting on my little sister! I also love that Landon learned a cuss word that can't be blamed on me! I am off the hook for that one. Now when he says something worse, that may be my fault...or when he learns to flip the bird....

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

We missed you CA for Thanksgiving - good times/good food/you know the drill.

Landon and the "b" word - hmmmm...what to do what to do?

Bradley and the spirit of Shaq - them's REALLY big shoes to fill!

And a major WHAT WHAT on the 12 lbs. I think I've gained all you've lost (and it ain't lookin' good). Congrats!!!