Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I did it.

I voted. I spent a lot of time on factcheck.org and read myself into an oblivion. I just wanted to sort out the propaganda and find the truth about what matters to me. After all that, I still didn't know who I was voting for. The whole drive to the polls I went back and forth. I had an anxiety attack while I was standing in line. WHO SHOULD I VOTE FOR?? I finally made a decision. But I still feel sick about it. I don't know if I voted for the right person. I've decided I'm keeping who I voted for to myself, at least for now. I don't want to explain why I voted the way I did. And I know either way, I'm going to dissapoint someone.
I just don't understand how anyone can really get behind either candidate and say Go McCain! or Go Obama! They both suck. They are vague on all the important issues, or at least the details. I swear if I hear any gloating about who won I'm going to puke. We're screwed either way. Ugh. I'm just glad I got it over with.

13 comments:

Kris said...

Good for you for voting!

Jerolyn said...

whoooo hoooo!

barlows said...

Kourt, you made me happy just for voting. No disappointment here! Now you get to have an opinion and voice it for the next four years.

Kathy said...

Way to go! I voted last week, and now it feels kind of weird that I won't be going to the polls on Tuesday. I've never voted early before. Actually, I'll have to go over there and take lunch to Mike. At least I won't have to wait in line.

Anonymous said...

You have such a chearfull attitude about it! Ha! I would have to agree with you... Seriously, If this is the best we can do... then yes our country is screwed! Trace got to vote at school on Nick jr. and he said that he voted for Mccain cause he thinks it would be cool to have a girl VP. Now, that is a 7 year old talking... but as crazy as it is... I have heard grown adults whos vote really counts say the same thing. I am glad you read up on it and made an educated decision regarless of the who you voted for... you voted! Yeah for you!!!

Lisa said...

Ummm...I'm pretty sure Kourt has an opinion. Good for you for voting and I don't blame you for keeping it to yourself. No matter who you voted for you'll have someone on here telling you why you're wrong. When you're undecided you just have to go with whichever one has MOST of what you agree with. And I agree. Either way we're screwed. Each candidate in a different way, but we're definitely going to see a sucky 4 years.

Kathy said...

Could the next four years be any more sucky than the last eight?

Seth and Eryn said...

Kourtney, I've felt the same way too. I've been going back and forth with both choices, because they both suck! I've felt the same way too, that if I did go with Obama, people would be disappointed in me, but if I went with McCain, I'd piss someone else off too. I feel like I've committed one way, and then..I see a commercial and it changes my thoughts. So I know how you feel. And good for you, for voting!

Lisa said...

To answer your question, Kathy, yes they can.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! Sorry I wasn't able to answer my cell during your anxiety attack! I'm proud of you for voting and taking part in the process.

Kris said...

Love the new photo of the boys in their costumes!!

Melody said...

love the new photo!!!! Ok thank you I was the same way! I could not decide either I voted this morning and honestly didnt pick either. That's my choice and I am ok with that.I could not feel completely comfortable with either Obama or McCain... so I chose what I was most comfortable with and that was neither...always remember you do not have to defend your choice regardless! Congrats on voting!

Leah said...

Vote OR DIE!!! Just kidding! We made it a family affair and went and voted Monday! Feels good to be done..can't wait until Wednesday morning when we'll know who our next president will be and we don't have to see anymore political ads!