Saturday, October 25, 2008

Flashback to 1997!

I just realized that I can scan pictures. (Yeah I know, I'm slow.) So be prepared for lots of posts full of old, fuzzy, not centered photos.

This first flashback post is from July 1997 when we went camping at the beach at San Elijo.There's nothing better than waking up to this view, just a few steps away from your tent.



Julie, you'll enjoy this one. This is (from left to right) Morgan, Devon, and Brandon crashed out in the boy tent. There was always a "special" boy smell in there! haha!


Little Alexa, looking very adorable as always.



Riley striking a pose in a super cool neon bikini. I think she was 8 years old here.



Julie and my dad (with REALLY cool water shoes on) doing some reading at the beach.


Devon with, I think, Mark's surfboard.



Morg and Bran-flake chillin' at the picnic table. Looks like Morgan's got his $1 to spend at the camp store. My Grandpa always gave us grand kids $1 a day to get a treat. Can I get a Woop-Woop for some banana and bubble gum flavored shaved ice!?! We kept them busy at the camp store shavin' that ice! It was Jody's birthday, so everyone decorated the campsite with balloons and such.



Jody and Garrett walking up to her surprise party.



Here's Julie, Alexa, Tiny, Brandon and Grandma hanging out.



You'll have to blow this one up to see everyone in it. I could be wrong, but is that Nate with a PEPSI shirt on??? Hmmm.....I'm going to have to blow this one up and investigate!



"Morgan the Pimp" is what I have written on the back of this picture. Seriously. This guy has been a stud his whole life.




Brandon checking out the surf (or lack there of). Another life long stud.



That's Colby on the left hiding from my camera and Garrett giving me the "get outta here" look.


Here's Grandma, Julie, and Brandon doing some serious thinking.



Lisa with Chad hugging her legs and Cheyne in the background.




Little Cheyne making faces at me!




Here's baby Chad with either Alyssa or Heather.



Cheyne enjoying his shaved ice. What a cute smiley face!



Mark after he was out surfing.


Chad and Cheyne splashing around in the wet sand. This is too cute!




There's Colby, Jody, my dad, Julie, Lisa and Kurt getting their chat on.

I absolutely LOVE old pictures and could sit and look at old albums all day. There are more of these posts to come, so stay tuned.

7 comments:

Leah said...

So CRAZY!! I can't wait to see your other posts..I joined in on all the fun the next year!
Every one was so young!

Jerolyn said...

Loved this post!!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

LOVED LOVED LOVED the pics!!! Time DOES fly! It doesn't seem like that long that you kids were just kids and now you have kids. You have to enjoy every single minute!!! GREAT PICS!!!!

Lisa said...

Love the San Elijo memories! Camping there was always so darn fun! Any time we go for a walk through the campground my kids want to go to the camp store. There's just something about that place....

Julie M. said...

I LOVE those pictures!!! My whole family just gathered around the computer for a walk down memory lane. Brandon goes, "Man, I LOVED those days! What happened?" I said, "You all grew up!" But we still have good ol' days to create----just with a new generation, right? Love remembering the "boy tent". Those boys had the BEST time with their own crib to partay in. You may notice (How could you MISS?!?!) Chloe Jane awaiting delivery just 5 days after arriving home from that trip. I remember Beth loaned me The Deep End of the Ocean and we had an impromptu book club of sorts around the campfire. I agree, Rick. You do have to enjoy every minute. It flies by!!!!

Tyler said...

Great pictures! I remember getting copies of those pictures in Norway and wishing I was home...

Kris said...

Wow, it seems like yesterday. Like Julie says, we have a new generation to watch! Such good times.