Saturday, July 26, 2008

Chatter Bug


Our little bruiser Landon is 17 months old now and has become our entertainment this summer. This kid is such a chatter bug! He likes to climb up on my lap with his big animal book, or Brown Bear Brown Bear (another one of his favorites). He likes to name the animals for me like el-phant, toe-tul (turtle), tigah, ducky, nake (snake), chilla (chinchilla), piggy, cows and froggy among other things. We just laugh at his little voice- it's just too cute!!! If I ask him where daddy is he says (with his eyebrows scrunched, and shoulders shrugged) "I n know!" (I don't know). It is the funniest thing ever! Pretty much anything we say, he says. Yeah, we need to really watch what we say now! Today he was mad Bradley took his football and he yelled,"Give it to me!" We couldn't help but totally laugh. If he wants me to follow him he says "Come on!" I always have a couple Dum Dums with me when I shop (thanks for the tip Leah!) just in case he wants to get crazy in the store. He loves "luckuh's" (suckers), so it always does the trick. My most favorite things that he says is "I love you!" or "Hug...kiss"! It's just too much!

But along with all this cuteness is the Curious George within. I do not remember Bradley getting into so many things and climbing so much. Landon can climb up onto our counter height kitchen chairs (and it drives me CRAZY!). He puts his foot on the little ledge near the bottom of the dishwasher to boost himself up and get his little chubby hand on the counter and grab whatever he can. He dangles from the pedistal sink in the bathroom downstairs with his feet climbing up the bottom and says,"Weee!". We keep the bedrooms and bathroom doors closed because he has a field day if he can get in. And now he's been able to open some doors a couple of times! Yikes! Just when I think I've got it Landon-proof, he figures out something else to get into.
We are eating up every minute of this little BIG mouth boy!

7 comments:

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

He is such a funny boy!!! It sounds like you've got your hands full!!!

Michelle said...

Such a boy!! I can't wait till Dax talks more:)

Tyler said...

Lando is crazy! I can't wait until Kiersten talks, but I am scared she's going to learn too many words from her Dad! I already have to watch myself!

John and Heather Davis said...

It's amazing that we live across the street and I never see you and your blog is the only way I get caught up on you and your families news!

Bumps and bruises make up great memories

Jerolyn said...

I relate to the getting into EVERYTHING busines. We finally had to put key entry only locks on all of our bedroom doors to keep Ellie out of our "stuff"

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Can I eat him for real! He is so cute! I love how he says suckers! Luckhas! That is too cute! I cant wait till Talan starts to talk more!

Leah said...

He IS talkig a lot! He's getting so big!!