Friday, April 4, 2008

How Many Licks Does It Take...

...to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?? I know what some of you are thinking. Get your minds out of the gutter! Mr. Douglass (Bradley's principle's husband) gave him a Tootsie Pop after school while we were all chatting. When we got in the car I told Brad to let Landon have a lick. He's never had candy before (unless my dad gave it to him. haha) At first he didn't get it. But once he got a taste of the sugary goodness it was all over after that! He was diggin' on it! Brad didn't mind giving it up, thank goodness, or we would've had a problem on our hands. He would lick it, take it out of his mouth and smack his lips (SO CUTE) and I could just read his thoughts! Like, "What is this strange looking thing that is so yummy and my mom's letting me eat it??" Mmmmmmm...my first sucker!
He was nice enough to share with his big bro. It was so cute! Look at those lips!

Then he was trying to offer it to me. Not that there was much left. At least he's not greedy, right?? Check out the drool on his chin! I could just eat him up!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

He is just so cute!! You know that everytime he sees a sucker now he's going to be all over it:)

Kris said...

What a face!! I love how he was sharing with Bradley.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Cutie buttootie!!!! His "first" candy? Yeah, you think - that's what grandpas are for! lol He's so cute I could just lick that drool off his chin (not really. In fact, I think I just threw-up in my mouth a little bit!) LOLOLOLOL

Leah and Dustin said...

Oh yea! It's all over! From here on out, forget about it!! No more veggies, no more healthy goodness.
But how could you say "no" to that adorable little face anyway, right!?!
Funny how kids just know what candy is... must be the packaging!! Dang candy!!

John and Heather Davis said...

It amazes me how clean he looks after devouring that sucker!! Owen had one today, and it was all over the place! And forget sharing- he was not giving any of it up;)

Tyler said...

did everybody post on Friday and I missed it? That is awsome! I am trying to delay the introduction to candy as long as possible, because if Kiersten is anything like me, she'll be in trouble! Great pictures! that kid is hilarious!

Sara said...

His lips are PERFECT!!! It just make you want to kiss his little face off! My kids love suckers but I quit buying them because I was tired of Brynlee sneaking out of bed, getting one, and waking up with it stuck in her mess of curls! Not fun to get out!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that drool! I love it! Stock the cupboards full of Tootsie Pops because that is all you are going to get that kid to eat! What a face! I could just kiss his face off!

Matt & Mandy Evans said...

He is so cute.. I think I would even take a bite from him.haha Now that he knows what it is he is going to want one everytime he see's one!

Julie M. said...

So cute! I love that he was even willing to share his first (Let's just call it his first, Rick) taste of sweet deliciousness! Uncle Morgan has already snuck baby-tastes of Otter Pop to Cannon and he's all over THAT! Heck with those so-called "sweet" potatoes.

Erin said...

Girl, you're doomed now. But just so you know, keeping a small stash of dum dums in a pocket in your diaper bag is one life-saving last resort when you're out to eat or in the store or at the post office or wherever and a meltdown is coming on. Whip out a sucker and he'll be happy as a clam. Just don't forget the wet wipes too to clean it up.
Landon is such a cutie, I love those little lips!!!