Monday, November 12, 2007

Lions, and tigers, and BEAVERS?! Oh my!

From a distance it would appear that nothing is wrong in this picture of Landon's crib, right? Well, take a closer look below. Aaaahhhhh! It seems a certain beaver baby has had a field day with his crib. About 2 weeks ago I got him up from a nap and saw the beginning of what has become a great pass time for my little beaver boy when I don't run in to get him the second he wakes up. When I do get in there he has a huge grin on his face with little specs of what used to be the beautiful cherry finish on his crib. His little sea turtle toy was on the other side but once he started doing this I moved it to the front where he had begun this to hopefully divert his attention. Frankie's response was, "Yeah, all we need now is like, 10 more." Well, we didn't get 10 more (duh) so now it's pretty much all chewed up. I do love my little beaver, so I'll let it slide!

If you look closely below, you can actually see the beaver in his natural habitat.

12 comments:

Tyler said...

That is nice. It's probably a lead finish!!! That dude does have a mean bite, and a strong pimp hand, because he pimp slapped me 3 or 4 times last night! By the way, the whole "beaver's natural habitat"....I thought you meant something else.........:)

Erin said...

HAHAHAHA Tyler--you've got me laughing over here! Kevin will definitely appreciate that.

Kourt, this is too funny--I mean, not that funny since I'm sure you guys paid good money for that crib with the beautiful cherry finish. But it wasn't made in China was it? You must be starving that boy since he's having to resort to eating his way out of the crib!

Kris said...

Loved the picture of the "Beaver in his natural habitat"! too funny!

Kourtney said...

Tyler you are sooo wrong! You are killing me over here!!!
Erin my in-laws always say, "He's stawwwvin'!" so I guess it's my own fault for starving him! Haha!

Jerolyn said...

Funny funny stuff! I did laugh out loud (aka lol) while reading this post! I guess it's a little late for those plastic crib bar protector thingy's huh?

Leah and Dustin said...

Guess you better pay closer attention to your beaver cause it looks like beavers left unattended can cause quite a bit of sadness!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Beaver! What beaver? Is this like one of those "Where's Waldo" things? Ohhhhhh...not THAT kind of beaver! lol You meant Landon!

Stac said...

oh my goodness! My first thought before I even read the post was, "wow, I really like that crib." That is crazy...funny though.

lisa said...

First, "the beaver in it's natural habitat" had me rolling on the floor...then I got to everyone's comments! Rick, Tyler, are you guys related or something? Too funny!

Jennie Z said...

We made the same mistake of buying a beautiful crib only to have it chewed to pieces too! Max (our biter) was actually easier on it than Kate was. Look on the bright side, at least Landon is only chewing on wood and not people!

DD said...

All I know is, I'm not messing with that beaver. I'm way to sensitive. The beaver I trapped about 9 years ago, is all this beaver hunter needs. You might need to set up a trap or something. You should just see if he will chew all the way through. That would make this whole thing worth it! we should place bets. $20 says it takes Landon two months to get all the way through.

Tyler said...

All this beaver talk reminded me of a song from back in the day. Here's the link. You can watch the video if you want:

http://music.yahoo.com/track/1034530