Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth

At the end of February we were so excited to be going to Disneyland for the boys' birthdays. Wouldn't you know right before we left Landon ended up with croup. He hadn't been sick for a long time, so of course he had to get sick right before we were leaving. We weren't going to let it slow us down, and we headed out for our 3 days of Disneyland. Landon likes to play Bradley's GameBoy and calls it his "DS". That along with a few movies and we were there!

We only went to Disneyland for the last half of the day when we got to town. Landon was doing the whole bark-cough that comes with croup and it was driving me crazy. I felt SO bad for him.



After going on lots of rides we headed back to our hotel. Here's Landon playing his "DS" in bed while Brad watched.

He played until he just couldn't play anymore! Isn't this precious?!


My favorite part of our hotel was the balcony with the cool view of Disneyland at night. So once the boys were in bed Frankie and I would go out there and relax together. Frankie was wearing the robe that the hotel provided...so hott. Oh and I have to mention El Juapo (I probably spelled that wrong, but it's a Three Amigos reference). I kept calling Frankie El Juapo because he forgot to trim him 'stache before the trip so he sported this super thick one! We got a lot of laughs out of it. Good thing Frankie's a good sport!



Day 2 started at California Adventure. We went on Woody's 3D ride for the first time and LOVED it!!! And another one we never even knew was there is Soaring Over California- totally cool!



Landon was telling Frankie something really important on Heimlich's ride.




I rode with the monkeys on Casey Jr.


Landon was NOT happy about being the passenger...


...He wanted to drive! And Bradley was nice enough not to fight him for it.


We always take a picture in front of White Rabbit's door. I love these boys!


Knock, knock Mr. Rabbit!
On to day 3. We started out in California Adventure again. We love the little thing with Crush from Finding Nemo. If you've never done it, you HAVE to. It is so funny and cute. My boys were practicing their UFC moves while we waited.



I got them to stop long enough for a quick smile...and isn't it cute??

Landon really liked the Carousel. Can you tell??

Bradley and I went up into Tarzan's tree house while Frankie took Landon on the Jungle Cruise for the 100th time.

I LOOOOVE this picture of Frankie and Landon on It's a Small World.


And I loooove this picture of Bradley. He looks so old to me.

We had a really fun trip. I love Disneyland so much! Since I'm from Anaheim I was very fortunate as a child to go all the time. I think that's why I have such a connection to the Happiest Place on Earth. Just the smell alone puts me in a good mood. We got onto everything multiple times and didn't have to wait long. We did notice that it was busier than it usually is this time of year and that's because of the free admission on your birthday. Anyway, Landon was much better by the last day in the park. But then on the day we were coming home, I woke up with a fever! I'm all better now though. We also got to go visit my Grandparents which is always fun. But I'm bummed that I forgot to take a picture of them with the boys. Darn! Next time.

7 comments:

Leah said...

How fun!!! How can anyone NOT love Disneyland!?! Glad you guys had a great time!!

Kathy said...

Looks like a fun trip. Soaring Over California is my favorite thing at CA Adventure. I LOVE that one.

Melody said...

I am so glad you guys had fun.. sorry about the sickness though! I cant wait to take the girls.. were trying to wait until they get a little be older so they can ride more rides!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

It looks you had a fun trip, even with the sickness that went along as an unwelcome guest!

One of these days I'll have to go to Disneyland since I haven't been back since we moved to Vegas. And I've never been to California Adventure.

Kris said...

I love Disneyland too. Your pictures are so cute! Love the "DS" pictures, so funny.

Beth said...

OK, I haven't seen you since the Christmas party....is the rest of you getting as skinny as your face is??? You look great!

Lisa said...

So cute!! I love how Landon's one eye closes when he has a huge grin on his face. Love Disneyland! I can go there over and over and never get sick of it!!