Saturday, December 8, 2007

Cousin's Party 2007

Friday night was the long anticipated Cousin's Party at our house. I can happily say that after A LOT of stressing and worrying, that it turned out great!!! I don't throw these sorts of parties so I wasn't sure how it was going to flow. But everyone brought food and desserts and we got a Honey Baked Ham (which was the BEST Honey Baked Ham I've ever had! Haha! Anyone sitting at our table for dinner will get that one!) and it was all delicious!!! Thanks to everyone for all the yummy stuff you brought! I love these first two pictures because everyone stopped briefly to smile for this one and then...

Back to business!!! I told you the food was yummy!

Sorry this one's a bit blurry.

2/3's of my cute boys!

My Dad and Christina were definitely enjoying their dinners!!!

Getting ready for white elephant.

One half of the room.

Almost the other half.

Doug scored a Cut the Cheese shirt that we all agreed David would totally sport. I think somebody stole it later on though. I'm sure Doug (and Kristi) were so sad!

This is my dad imitating Frankie with the pink pillow (who was imitating Karsten) with his white elephant gift. See how trends get started. I love Tyler's face! I think he had put back about 2 Pepsi's by now. He's got to learn to pace himself.

Nate got some really beautiful canisters!

This is the pie dish that Dustin and Leah gave as a white elephant gift the first year we had a Cousin's Party. Can you see the excitement in his face to have it back after so many years?!? He really had to force that smile.

My mom, America's Next Top Model, shows off her super sweet golf hat that she got. What a babe!

Tyler was being naughty with Dad's white elephant gift and cracking himself up.

Naughty, naughty, but so FUNNY!

After white elephant we skipped Catch Phrase and went straight for the notorious grenade from Thanksgiving weekend. For anyone who doesn't know about it, it's a grenade that shocks you when you squeeze it. As you can see Nate LOVED it!

Sarah wanted nothing to do with it. And Tyler B. tried his hardest. Just check Tyler's page and watch the video. So they passed it on.

Darin was killing me! It took a couple minutes for him to do it...

Some tears were shed laughing so hard. And this was all BEFORE he did it!

My dad thinks he's a pro. Just look at that smirk.

Darin's going for it. Look at that concentration.

Tyler has done it before and knowing what it feels like, he was hesitant. You can almost see his thoughts..."Just do it. You're not a wimp. You're an officer of the law damn it. Come on." Darin was still wiping away the tears.

Doug must have his own grenade at home, because he took it like a champ.

Kevin's reaction rivals the reaction of Darin and Stacy (when it was in her cleavage. Again, click on Tyler's link on my page. It's a must see video!) I think I was crying at this point!

Erin makes it look painful! Kevin was lovin' it!

Aunt Beth stepped up to the plate even after Frankie pushed it into her palm as he handed it to her, shocking her. Go Aunt Beth!

Once again Darin had me in tears when he wanted another turn. This is him literally jumping out of his chair! He jumped right out of the picture! SO FUNNY!

WARNING! This is a little X-rated. Stacy was gettin' all wild and wanted to know how it would feel to put it in her cleavage. She told Nate to push her boobs together because she just couldn't do it herself. Of course Nate jumped at the opprotunity. Let's just say it was freakin' hilarious!!! Who knew Stacy was such a wild child?!? CHECK OUT THE VIDEO!

Sarah was the only one willing to try and eat 12 saltines in 1 minute. Frankie offered $200 to anyone who could do it. I think she only got two down. It's not as easy as it sounds!

Landon made his rounds at the party and just loved Jerolyn's buttons on her shirt.
Later on Bradley went around asking if he could have any white elephant gifts and he scored. I was going to take his picture with all of his treasures from the evening, but I forgot. Doug, Frankie said thanks for the dice! Although I'm starting to lose a little hair on my head. Haha! We had a great time and were glad you all could make it! We can't wait 'til next year!

6 comments:

Jerolyn said...

GREAT PICTURES AND A GREAT TIME! Thanks for hosting such a fun party. That ham was good and after I read what you paid for it, I realized it was the best damn ham I had ever eaten! haha

Tyler said...

The ham was off the hook. I have to agree, it was the best ham ever! Great party. My memories are a little hazy due to my pepsi intake, but I still had a blast. Can't wait for next year! Don't forget to bring the grenade!

Beth said...

Best damn ham party EVER. Thanks, Kourtney & Frankie for letting us get together and remember why we love each other so stinkin' much!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Ham???? I thought that was road kill!!! Geez la frickin' louise! Whatever it was, it tasted great (at ten bucks a slice it should have! lol). Fun party! Great pics!!

Julie M. said...

Looking at and reading about the party is almost (and I use that word loosely) like being there. But I must know more about this "best damn ham"!! Do tell!

Michelle said...

What a great post...it makes me want to be invited to the Cousin's Party even though I am not a cousin! It looks like you guys had a blast.